Monday, August 31, 2009

Gratitude

yesterday (Sunday) was our Stake conference and our Stake Presidency got reorganized! As much as I love the old presidency, I am excited about the new one too!! But I was overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for all the things our old presidency has done for our stake these past 10 or 11 years. As I got thinking about gratitude, so many little things popped into my head!
Here are a few of them:

A mom who lets me have her freshly ground whole wheat to make waffles... and then comes over and eats them with me!

A sweet husband who takes awfully ugly pictures with me and laughs with me til we cry. And he lets me win at trivial pursuit :) we're nerdy I know

Hearing about friends' adventures and being able to live one of my own

The scriptures!!! This one should go on the top. I just re-energized by the scriptures and I love them so much!

Prayer

Our Mac... the best!

The music on Emily Peterson's blog. I always smile! I love you girl!!

An awesome family of in-laws who make me laugh and whom I love!

Having a body that can walk and run (sometimes...) hahah!

My family!

Anyone who reads my blog and leaves comments! I don't know why it makes my day but it does.

My husband... again!!

I love my life and am grateful for the gospel. It is my life and it has changed my life!!

Loves,
Em




6 comments:

Jen said...

I think each of us need to stop and really ponder on what we are thankful for. We are all truly blessed.

Mike and Katie said...

You are so positive Em, it makes me take time to look at my own life and the things I have to be grateful for. One of those would be you and your family. I will always hold a special place for all of you in my heart!! Love ya tonz!

Positive Petersons said...

gahh!!! why are you soo cool!!?!?!?!?!? you seriously make my life! love you. so so so so so so so much.

Kaitlyn said...

Dearest Emily, I think you are awesomeee and I loooveee seeing you at school!! I just love you so much and your blog makes my day.

Tyler and Jennie said...

Emily, you are so darling. I hope we get to see each other soon. You are a wonderful friend and even better "sista from anotha mista". I love you Em.

April said...

Oh Emily...you are just such a fine example of goodness, through and through. At the Allen reunion this weekend, Bethany mentioned you had a blog, so I just had to find it! I love you, sweet Emily!! Thank you for sharing your life with us.