Monday, May 27, 2013

Opposition

Hello friends!

My last post detailed my experience with postpartum depression and I'm happy to say I feel SO much better! I began taking some medication and it did the trick. I feel like myself again and am so happy. I love my baby and am thoroughly enjoying motherhood.

I think I am so cognizant of my happiness because I was so unhappy for about a month. That is such a short time in the grand scheme of things but it felt like an eternity and like I would never be happy again. What a wise God, to give us opposition so we can more fully appreciate happiness. I would never ask to go through that again, and I might even ask God why if I had to do that again but after the fact, I know He loves me and that my experience with PPD has helped me gain perspective and appreciate happiness and peace more than I ever could have before.

On a side note: motherhood is divine. I am constantly feeling the love that Heavenly Father has for this baby and for me as his mama. I highly recommend it :)

4 comments:

Cami said...

I am so glad to have little Ben in our family! He has a good mama!!!

Kami Milliron said...

Such an awesome post Emily ! I am so happy that things are going well. PPD is a tough thing. It doesn't care who you are, where you come from or how many kids you have - it can hit anyone. I suffered for about a week this last time and thankfully, it wasn't as bad as it was with Josh. But I too feel like the Lord was there and knew that I couldn't take care of my 3 children the way I needed to if I was sad and unsure about being a mother. It's hard because you feel like there is something wrong with you - and there isn't. It's actually a normal process of childbirth and becoming a mother. There is opposition in all things and as much as it sucks, it truly is for our benefit. Maybe someday we'll understand why some Mom's have to go through PPD. But for now, just enjoy the ride and know that our Father in Heaven knows us each individually and knows what's going to strengthen us. Sometimes He has to knock us down so He can be the one to pick us up : ) I have the strongest testimony of that after losing Elizabeth.

Jen said...

So exited u r coming to play Friday!!!!!

Cassanova said...

cool, so exited!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/pinjaman-online-untuk-bisnis-dimsum